The Chapter’s mission is to provide a balanced program for its members
in at least the following five areas:
- Environmental Health and Safety
- Regulatory Compliance and Policy
- Science and Technology
- Hazardous Materials Handling, Emergency Response and
- Strategic Environmental Management
This mission will be fulfilled by:
- Professional recognition for CHMMs.
- Providing, promoting, and encouraging continuing
education to achieve and maintain certification and to document
Chapter-recognized related training.
- Providing a forum for information exchange among
peers to promote qualified environmental decision making.
- Broadening the CHMM scope and understanding of
prudent hazardous materials’ management, in the interest of protecting
human health and the environment.
- Increasing knowledge and experience related to new
technologies, government regulations and community awareness relating
to hazardous materials’ management.